Friday, February 7, 2014

Sing Redeeming Love

When I was young and I read phrases like "sing redeeming love" or "songs of praise" I didn't really get it.  It has only been since my heart has led the way in desiring to sing redeeming love that I finally do get it.  And the following song expresses why my heart does this now.  My son, Aaron, sent this song to me as one of his favorites!  It has become one of mine.  I have included the lyrics below and have commented on them in the [blue brackets]. 





"Me Without You"

by TobyMac

Raindrops rollin' off my brim
Streetlights got the pavement glistenin'
Touchdown, I fall into Your arms
Right where I belong
Your everlasting arms

[I so connect with this]
 

And where would I be
Without You...

[exactly!]
 

I'd be packin' my bags when I need to stay
I'd be chasin' every breeze that blows my way [yep]
I'd be building my kingdom just to watch it fade away
It's true
 

That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou
That's me without You-ou-ou-ou-ou-ou [I have to dance in my kitchen during this part--D&C 136:28]
Don't know where I'd be without You
(Wooooah, without you)

 

Flashback, step into the scene
There's You and there's a very different me [I know all about this!]
Touchdown, You had me at believe
You had me at believe, You did

 

And where would I be
Without You, without You...

(Repeat Chorus)
 

(Where would I be...)
[WHISPERING]
(I was so deep,
So incomplete
Til' You rescued me
Yeah, You rescued me) 

[Tears and the deepest impact in my heart when I contemplate what he's saying here.  You have to listen close--on headphones to hear this part.]
 

You rescued me
You are mine, I am Yours
You rescued me
And I am Yours forever
You saved me, remade me [It's funny that he sings the very same song my heart is singing!]

 

(Repeat Chorus)


The meaning that this song conveys is the reason I am starting this blog called "Sing Redeeming Love."  Some days I feel like I'm going to burst with how thankful I am to Jesus Christ for what he has done for me.  And music seems to be the best way for me to express such sacred deep feelings.  My blog, Special Ops Moms, conveys a more expanded version of how I progressed in my journey from:

Point A:
Flashback, step into the scene
There's You and there's a very different me


To Point B:
Touchdown, You had me at believe
You had me at believe, You did


The Servant Program, both the website and the videocasts, conveys the core structure of my journey or what I have been taught along the journey.  It asks questions of the reader.  This enables me to pass on what I have been given.

My heart-felt thanks to TobyMac for sharing his talents in conveying this message through music!

No comments:

Post a Comment