Sunday, October 12, 2014

"Me and God" by Josh Turner



My son, AaronLangford, sent me this song while on his mission.  His mission president allowed the missionaries to listen to uplifting songs like this.  I didn't have time to listen to all the songs Aaron sent me at first so I heard this song for the first time when I was on a walk one day (my iPod shuffling into it).  I listened to it over and over again.  There's something so personal in listening to music that's just playing through your headphones in your ears and making your heart feel like God's right there with you.


Me and God
by Josh Turner 

There ain't nothing that can't be done
By me and God
Ain't nobody gonna come in between me and God
One day we'll live together
Where the angels trod
Me and God

Early in the morning talking it over
Me and God
Late at night talking it over
Me and God
You could say we're like two peas in a pod
Me and God

Chorus
He's my Father
He's my friend
The Beginning
And the End 
He rules the world
With a staff and rod
[my thoughts on this line:  staff = bread of life D&C 89:14; rod = iron rod 1 Nephi 8:19]
We’re a team
Me and God

I am weak and He is strong
Me and God
He forgives me when I’m wrong 
[when I humbly go to him to figure out what happened and why]
Me and God
He’s the one I lean on
When life gets hard
Me and God

Repeat Chorus

Listen to this other version:  "Me and God" byJosh Turner




No comments:

Post a Comment