Friday, May 22, 2015

He Showed Me How by David Archuleta





This is a new song by David Archuleta.  My son Matthew is going to EFY (Especially For Youth) Conference in June 2015.  This year they are sending us songs written especially for the youth.  This is one of them.  

I love David Archuleta's voice and his choice of songs that he sings.  I have watched a few videos of him on his mission and his post mission.  He was actually in the MTC at the same time my oldest son Aaron was there.  I just think he is a top quality artist not only in his ability to sing but also in the messages he chooses to send.  

There are so many talented musicians.  Their voices are amazing!  But how they choose to use it, what they choose to sing about determines if I can listen to them or not.  Sometimes I marvel at how beautiful a voice is or the awesomeness of the beat of a song but when I hear the bad message--the prescription to think and do things that I know return only sorrow in the end, I have to turn it off.  I love it how David Archuleta combines the beautiful voice and a good message which prescribes thinking and doing things that return Sustainable Joy in the end.

He Showed Me How

I used to hurt
I used to hide
I could only see the walls
That I kept myself behind
And it was hard
Until I found
There’s one who knows the way
To bring them down

Chorus
He showed me how
To look for more
To see the truth
I couldn’t find before
And I learned to believe
There’s more that I can be
I can be stronger now
‘Cause He showed me how

I took a step
Into the light
I followed the voice that said
That I was strong enough to try

And as my heart
Could hear the sound
I knew I could climb
Above the doubt

Chorus Repeat

Yes He did
His love opened my eyes
And I know that
He’s been there by my side

Chorus Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment