Saturday, May 14, 2016

Tangled - Something That I Want (HD)


She's a girl with the best intentions
He's a man of his own invention
She looked out the window
He walked out the door
But she followed him
And he said, "What'cha lookin' for?" 

["Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour." ~John 1:38-39]

Chorus
She said, I want something that I want; [Another way of saying I want my Inherent Desire.]
Something that I tell myself I need [Same.]
Something that I want
And I need everything I see. [I need everything I see in him.]


something that I want
something that I tell myself I need
something that I want
and I need everything I see
 
[I need everything I see in him. This is a crucial change.  If we need everything we see, we will never obtain anything.  But what we're saying in this love song is that everything that this person is, is what we desire.  In essence, he fills us completely.  He is the answer for us.  When we're with him, we experience Sustainable Joy to the level of our satisfaction.  We can spin this song too.  It talks about a person we are attracted to and want to marry and that is a common Inherent Desire that each of us has.  But another Inherent Desire could be a specific religion, a specific pathway we feel strongly about going down, or a specific place we want to live.  It can mean any Desire that we feel strongly about.  We can also spin it to mean our Savior Jesus Christ.  We are all in a love story with him.  When we choose him to be our Cause, our Leader, our Counselor, our Governor, our King, we are saying this is what we need in order to obtain the kind of society or country that will be sustainably balanced.  We choose him out of love.  We know he knows best how to govern people in his Mercy so that agency is retained and Inherent Desires can be achieved.

"He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled." ~John 3:29

"For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee." ~Isaiah 62:5]

He's been livin' in a pure illusion 
["For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, the time is soon at hand that I shall come in a cloud with power and great glory." ~D&C 34:7]
She's gonna come to her own conclusion
["...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15]
Right when you think you know what to say
Someone comes along and shows you a brand new way


Repeat Chorus
'cause


It's so easy to make believe,
it seems you're livin' in a dream
Don't you see that what you need
is standing in front of you?


Repeat Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment