Tuesday, February 28, 2017

What You Wanted - OneRepublic




I change some of the lyrics and the meaning of this song. I spin it differently. I love the tune and the chorus but I hear a pretty specific message coming through it for me. So check it out below before you listen to it.

I'll find the places where you hide [I will.]

I'll be the dawn on your worst night

The only thing left that I like [Nothing compares 2U]

Yeah I would kill [die] for you, that's right [Mark 8:35]

[I believe I promised these things to the Savior before I came to earth and again in baptism. I'm still promising them. I know he did the same thing. It's a Covenant.]

[He's also finding the places where I hide: "It would be several more years before I had been thrashed by adversity enough to drive me to my knees. I had to do things my way for a while in order to figure out the dead end street I was on." ~quote from my blog post, Turning and Reviling Again]

If [Because] that's what you wanted

If that's what you wanted

If that's what you wanted

If that's what you wanted

[“I’m sick of time. I don't want it to take any more time! Time, Why You Punish Me? I ask the Lord why he can't just accept me for who I am. His answer is, 'Because that's what you wanted.'” ~quote from blog post, What You Wanted]

I'll put your poison in my veins [It feels like poison sometimes]

They say the best love is insane, yeah [Seriously paradoxical.]

I'll light your fire till my last day [That's what I wanted.]

I'll let your fields burn around me, around me 

[...around me...]

Repeat Chorus

Oh, my love is true

Tell me, something I wouldn't do

[“...the submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we “give,” brothers and sisters, are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us. However, when you and I finally submit ourselves, by letting our individual wills be swallowed up in God’s will, then we are really giving something to Him! It is the only possession which is truly ours to give!” ~Elder Neal A. Maxwell]

No comments:

Post a Comment