Sunday, September 13, 2015

Born Again by Newsboys



Lyrics in black
My comments in blue

I found myself looking into the mirror
Knew I wasn't who I wanted to be
I was living life the way that I wanted
But my eyes reminded me I'm not free [Exactly:  The Servant, Day 1.1, #Bondage: John 8:33-36, D&C 84:49-52]

 

Believed a lie so everything that I know
Says I gotta go, tired of going solo [Serious.  Tired of going Spiritually solo.]
But I'm never gonna go there again [Repentance.  Commitment.]

 

Chorus
This is what it is, this is who I am [! Confidence, not Pride, The Servant, Day 6]
This is where I finally take my stand [! Confidence, not Pride}

I didn't wanna fall but I don't have to crawl [But I have to be on my knees.  Humility/Empathy X Gratitude/Confidence instead of Pride/Envy, Day 6]
I met the one with two scarred hands [I have met him too.  And when each of us meet him, we need to sing the song he gives us, paint the way he wants us to paint.  That may not be as others sing or paint.  Yet we still must sing and paint in that way.  True To Your Heart.]

Giving Him the best of
Everything that's left of
The life inside this man
I've been born again

[When the Lord heals us and then strengthens us, making us something we would never have been without him, he owns us.  I'm thankful for that because I want to be owned by him.] 

I see ya walking like you're living in fear
Having trouble even looking at me
Wishing they would give you more than words
Sick of people telling how it should be

What'd ya download? Where'd ya get your info?
You saw that I'm sure, now you're in the in though
Gonna tell you what I believe

[Everyone's got an opinion, including me.  I am sure about what I'm saying:  Special Ops Moms.  We listen to the Spirit--the General Effects in our heart to discern truth.  So listen.  Don't be afraid. Alma 32:26-43]
 

Chorus
We are the ones they call by name (#Christians, Mosiah 5:4-9)
I'm never gonna look back
Let go, let go, the guilt, the shame (#Humility/Empathy = Repentance/Forgiveness)
Said, I'm never gonna look back (Only to remember what the Lord has done for me in getting me out the bondage I was in. Alma 5:6-7)
This is who I am

Chorus


Thanks to the Newsboys for this song!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment