Friday, December 11, 2015

Bryan Adams (Everything I Do) I Do It For You



I love this song by Bryan Adams.  I have to change a few lyrics to make it Sustainable.

Look into my eyes, you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there
You'll search no more

Don't tell me, it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me, it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you [For God first and then for me; see Getting A Life]

Look into your heart, you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life [and what you promise to God you will continue to become]
I would give it all, I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you, oh yeah

There's no love, like your love
And no other could give more love
There's nowhere, unless you're there
All the time, all the way yeah

Look into your heart baby
Oh yeah
Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more

Yeah I would fight for you
I'd lie for you [I don't want you to lie for me]
Walk the wire for you
Yeah I'd die for you


You know it's true
Everything I do, ohh, I do it for you


Not everyone understands the depth of such a song.  The usual thing people who don't understand it do is make fun of it (1 Nephi 8:27).  If we don't understand the depth, we most likely have a preference for going wide in our Soulmates Marriage-Family relationships or we have not yet developed a Soulmates Marriage with our spouse (see blog post The Mountain).

No comments:

Post a Comment