Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Politics of Dancing by The Re-Flex



 I have started a Soulmates Marriage blog so if you are following that, you'll understand how this song spins very well with the points I'm making there.  I've used the title of this song for the title of Chapter 39.  That Chapter is about learning to "dance" in balance with our spouse and when we get out of balance we need to rebalance ASAP.  I have this song on my iPod.  It is a remake by another artist done for one of my aerobic workout CDs (from when I used to teach).  Of course I also used to listen to it when it came out in the 80s but I've gotten so used to the version on my iPod that I prefer that one.  But this one will due for now.  The part I like to listen to and spin are the following lyrics. My interpretation (spin the lyrics) in [blue].

The politics of dancing [There are rules to the Soulmates Marriage Game.]
The politics of, ooh, feeling good [There are rules that both spouses need to play by to obtain Sustainable Joy and Attraction within marriage]
The politics of moving, aha [Marriage is like a dance.  Both spouses need to move and work together in balance, not only romantically as this song implies but in their responsibilities and commitments to each other, to God, and to their children.]
Is this message understood? [That's what I'm asking!]


We're under pressure [Yes, because there are rules. There is a challenge involved.  Mercy does not rob Justice (Alma 42:25).]
Yes we're counting on you [Sustainable love is about keeping commitments.]
It's not what you say [We don't just make commitments...]
Is what you do [We also keep them.]
...
Oh, the application [We don't just make a one time marriage commitment and that's it.  Nothing sustainable is going to come from that.  We need to apply that overall commitment to our daily commitments in our thoughts, words, and actions when people are watching and when they are not watching.  That's the application of love.  That's the politics of dancing.]
...
Well you know you can't stop it
When they start to play
[We can't make attraction to our spouse happen just by willing it.  We have to play by the rules.  Sustainable Attraction is an ongoing effect that occurs when we stay balanced with God and our spouse.] 
You gotta get out the way [Seriously, we don't want to mess with God, the Father and his Justice.  We don't want to take his Son's name (Mercy) in vain either (Exodus 20:7).]

The post that this song is cited in:  Soulmates Marriage Blog, Chapter 39:  The Politics of Dancing 

No comments:

Post a Comment